saving settings for outlook 2003

gingepaul 19:35 09 Jan 04

hi there everyone, and happy new year to all.

straight to it then, i want to do a nice lovely reinstall because my system is getting a bit sluggish, and its due, but my main problem is ive only just started using outlook 2003 [part of office 2003] and just want to know how i can save all my settings and mail [inbox, out box, del items, contacts, calenda, junk mail, notes, etc] wont need em all but i like chuckin stuff when i want, not because i got to .
so if anyone could help id greatly appreciate it.

Big Elf 19:42 09 Jan 04

Search for the *.pst (probably outlook.pst) file in Documents and Settings (you may have to search hidden files and folders and copy it to CD/hard disk etc.

After you reinstall then open Outlook and close it which will create a default outlook.pst file. Search for this file and delete it. Then open Outlook again and when asked point it to the location where your backup (original) file is stored.

gingepaul 19:52 09 Jan 04

theres an option in outlook, file/import, export/save to file/.............

would this be the solution, sounds like it but dont want to gamble if can get a definate answer.

and there is an option in there to create a pst file, so what do you rekon?

Big Elf 19:57 09 Jan 04

Use the Export option as well. I'm not 100% sure that it saves your settings though. If you have the storage space then do both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…