Saving Service Pack 1 on a CD

I would like to download XP SP1 and save it to CD for installation on my son's computer as I have broadband and he has 56k dial up.

I seem to recall someone posing the question of how to save the installation files on a CD but as there have been so many threads with titles relating to the service pack, I don't know which one to look at.

Many thanks.

DieSse 20:34 15 Jan 03

It's this one here

click here

I downloaded it sometime ago. it's just a file, you can burn it to CD, and you can install it as many times as you like. I use it for updating older XP installations.

AndySD 20:37 15 Jan 03

click here then burn the downloaded file to cd.

To make the cd autorun use Notepad to create a file. Type in

[AutoRun]
open=xpsp1_en_x86.exe

Substitute xpsp1_en_x86.exe with the name of the .exe for the download if its something else.Then save it as autorun.inf.

Then burn this and the downloaded file to the cd.

AndySD 20:39 15 Jan 03

[AutoRun]

open=xpsp1_en_x86.exe

two00lbwaster 20:46 15 Jan 03

or you might want to have a look at some of the competing mags as i know theres atleast one if not two that are supplying it this month on their cover disk

Thanks to evryone for their input.

Will probably check out the mags first but the links will prove useful as an alternative.

Lú-tzé 21:32 15 Jan 03

Even MS were sending it out free of charge a couple of months ago - may still be the case.

click here

beeuuem 21:46 15 Jan 03

You could order the disc (up to 5 copies) from MS - free from:-

click here

Grimy Corporal 21:50 15 Jan 03

If you would like to make a WIN XP HOME ( SP1 ) boot disk then go here
click here

this link shows you how to make a WIN XP ( SP1 ) boot disk using your WIN XP cd and the downloaded update SP1

beeuuem 21:51 15 Jan 03

It always helps if the link points to the right page!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…