Saving saved e-mails etc to cd

rins36 22:59 18 Jun 03

Is there an easy way to do this, just looked in saved e-mails file & its getting rather clogged up, also want to do the same with my docs & my pics

VoG® 23:03 18 Jun 03

What e-mail program do you use?

rins36 23:08 18 Jun 03

VoG®

I use various e-mail progs, there is a file on the desktop named "saved e-mails" this is where i save all the e-mails that i want to keep for future reference/forwards etc

rins36 00:25 19 Jun 03

refresh

jazzypop 00:56 19 Jun 03

If you are running XP, after inserting a blank CD, simply drag the folder called 'saved emails' onto the CD icon (using Windows explorer).

If you are using an earlier version of Windows, open your CD-burning program (e.g. Nero), and drag your folder to the CD from within the program.

Remember also that both Outlook and Outlook Express have a File > Export feature that will allow you to export all items (such as emails, contacts, appointments etc), or selected items.

Once you have copied to CD (and checked that you can open them from CD, delete the files in your email programs that you have made a copy of.

DieSse 00:57 19 Jun 03

"there is a file on the desktop named "saved e-mails""

I presume you mean a folder?

Just copy it (and any others) to a CD if you want to save it - same as with any data.

Am I missing something?

rins36 19:57 19 Jun 03

Thanks jazzypop for the info, only ever burned music cd's never saved any data

rins36 00:14 20 Jun 03

DieSse

"there is a file on the desktop named "saved e-mails"

I presume you mean a folder? Yes that is exactly wht i mean, however no u are not missing anything after following the instructions given by jazzypop I have saved pics etc to cd.

As i said before i have only ever copied music cd's via the comp....but now guess wht I can save allsorts to cd.... thanks to a certain posting with instructions

DieSse 09:08 20 Jun 03

"As i said before i have only ever copied music cd's via the comp"

Sorry - but I don't see this anywhere above ....

DieSse 09:10 20 Jun 03

Sorry - but I don't see this anywhere above ....
... at the time I made the posting wondering what I was missing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…