Saving radio progs on the net to audio disk

andrewth 18:45 30 Dec 03

Not sure if this can be done, but I'd like to be able to download onto CD for playing on the car CD player (it reads CD-R and CD-RW) various plays, comedy, etc found on the 'Listen again' section on the BBC Radio 4 website.

I can save the Radio 4 material to disc to re-play in my PC, but when inserted in a CD player it does not work. Presumably this is because the material is saved in some format that is not 'music' but may be 'data'(I think it is a .ram file). Any way around this problem (or maybe not due to copyright protection or similar?).

bremner 18:51 30 Dec 03

If you download dbpower converter click here and then add the .ram codec click here you can convert to mp3 or wav and then burn to CD

beeuuem 19:30 30 Dec 03

This allows you to save on line radio as a .wav file which you can burn without converting.
click here

andrewth 12:50 31 Dec 03

Thanks for the advice - tried both methods but not working for me. What CD discs should I be using to burn onto?

bremner 16:34 31 Dec 03

Any CD should do.

What program are you using to do the burn?

johnlecarre 16:56 31 Dec 03

I listen to the BBC 'listen again' service via Real Player browser but did wonder how to save these to the hard disk on my PC? How's it done?

andrewth 18:59 31 Dec 03

The program I used was that suggested - dbpower converter (writer) - is there something else I should use (the original broadcasts are accessible via RealOne Player)? If you are interested in having a go yourself access the click here site and go to 'Listen again', select any programme and see if it can be burnt onto CD. It doesn't work for me so far!!

Thanks for advice so far.

Mike ® 20:05 31 Dec 03

Total Recorder from click here will record to hard disk whatever your speakers are reproducing. There is a trial version.

lamunu 22:28 02 Jan 04

Dear Andrewth
I had the same problem but thanks to Mike's advice,i got total recorder which is" playing up a storm" for £7.06 i.e the standard edition.
God knows what the professional edition will do but so far so good.
There is MciRecorder on the net somewhere though i do not remember.
Try google and have a go

andrewth 10:08 03 Jan 04

Dear Lamanu - Did the recorder allow you to record to CD and play the CD in another device (a CD player in a hi-fi system for example)?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…