Saving Programs

SWEENEY TOD 18:44 01 Jun 08

I have recently had to completely re-start computer from scratch due to problems which could not be rectified.Obviously i backed up every thing but could not save data stored in my Family tree which was on a 'Family tree maker' program that i had installed. The program was installed directly on the 'C' DRIVE. Is this why?

sinbads 19:20 01 Jun 08

When you reinstall your OS you loose all your C drive programs/documents/ MS updates/etc This is why you need to backup all the information you don't want to loose, as for yor family tree would have thought your detailed could have been saved even if you copied and pasted the info.

Best to have separate partition for data/music/pic's etc

Woolwell 19:56 01 Jun 08

Family Tree software will save the data but you need to check where it is being saved. With my family history software I can choose where to save the data and I include it with most of my other files which is included in my daily back-up. In your case it may have saved the data in the program folder.
You could probably export your data as a gedcom file which can be read by most family history programs.

SWEENEY TOD 20:37 01 Jun 08

OK. Thanks for that . I am using the BBC 'Who do you think you are' program. I will install it into My Documents and sample / try to save it and see if it works.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…