Saving a program

tonyx1302 13:26 01 Aug 05

I want to remove and save M.S Office 2003 which uses 403..00 Mb of memory. I haven't got the the whole program on my pc but am using AbiWord for my WP work. Ideally I would like to save it to a floppy disc but has a standard floppy enough space to take the program? If not can I transfer it to a disc?

Also how doI save it? I have found I can only change or remove it via the add/remove in control panel. Should I be looking elsewhere to find how to copy the prog.

Many thanks

Tony

mattyc_92 13:31 01 Aug 05

You can't "save" a program to a disk (You need the "installation disk" to "copy" it onto another system).

The installation disk could be anything up to 700megs, so you can't use a floppy disk?

Or have I misunderstood the question?

mattyc_92 13:31 01 Aug 05

"floppy disk?"???? that meant to be "floppy disk...."

woodchip 13:51 01 Aug 05

You cannot save a Program that's Installed.

tonyx1302 14:11 01 Aug 05

When I brought my machine...not new... it had most of Office 2003 already installed but I have never used it as I much prefer Abiword for my WP work. I just thought that I could remove and save it in case I ever needed in the future plus it would give a bit more memory.

In my stupidity, I just thought I could copy it to a floppy or a blank CD-R.

Tony

miniman79 14:23 01 Aug 05

If you could find all the set-up files you might be able to burn them to disc. You will need the product key to activate the program.
Hope this helps

tonyx1302 15:14 01 Aug 05

MS tells me that my XP is not validated even thought it is a legit installation so cannot get product key!!!
Am waiting for MS to call me back and give me the all ok then I will act on your idea.
Thanks

Tony

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…