saving pictures from internet

velofellow 23:13 31 Jul 03

Running Windows XP I used to be able to save pictures from the internet as .jpg files. Now I only have the option to save as .bmp files. Also under 'properties' I am not given the file sizes etc as previously. Any ideas?

caast©? 23:22 31 Jul 03

Is it that the files are bmp
It depends on how they are posted. If they are posted as jpg then you can save as jpg, if they are posted as bmp right click will only allow you to save as bmp, and then you will have to edit them in a paint program to save as jpg.

VoG II 23:23 31 Jul 03

You are stuck with what the website offers you. You can convert the format with a program like IrfanView click here

velofellow 23:25 31 Jul 03

Even original .jpg files will only save as .bmp

Patr100 23:55 31 Jul 03

Pure Bitmap files being uncompressed simply have no place on websites.They are simply too large. I suspect that your IE cache has become bloated.It's an acknowledged bug. In IE go to tools/internet options/temporary internet files and press "delete files". That should clear the problem.

velofellow 00:07 01 Aug 03

Many thanks Patr100 this has solved problem. I owe you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…