Saving pictures

rickwoo 19:43 03 Sep 03

When i try and save images and pictures whether from e-mail (hotmail) or the web I only get two options to save them in either ART or BITMAP. I'm looking to save these as JPEG images. How can I change this?

Patr100 19:54 03 Sep 03

Are you using AOL by any chance. There is a setting to change this in the AOL browser - something like "do not use compressed images" I don't use AOL so I can't remember the specific option.

holly polly 20:12 03 Sep 03

click here
follow the above link download infraview brill use it myself u can save a file in any format u want jpegs etc ,highly reccomended -have fun -hol pol...

marjted 20:22 03 Sep 03

Have you looked at 'Folder Options' in Control Panel? Here you can identify what prog on your pc opens any particular file type you download.

wee eddie 21:09 03 Sep 03

Internet Explorer > Properties > temporary Internet Files > Delete files > sit back and have a cup of coffee, if you haven't done it before it can take a while.

This may easily solve your problem.

However, the program you are using may also be part of the problem. If you using M$ Paint I believe this is all the options you get.

Patr100 00:21 04 Sep 03

ART files are used by the customised AOL browser so I suspect that is part of the problem although you will only get the Bitmap option with Hotmail when viewed in a browser because of the way pictures are embedded in a webpage.It's particular to Hotmail, athough other pages should be ok.

wee eddie 11:02 04 Sep 03

Well done, Looking back I did not read the original posting correctly.

rickwoo - Open the .bmp in whatever program you use and select the "Save as" option. Click on the lower box beneath the name and you should find the .jpg option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…