Saving photographs and playing on a DVD player

tooter 18:47 30 Dec 06

I am trying to save hundreds of old family photographs on to DVD+RW discs so I can show them via my Sony DVD player on to a TV.
I have scanned the photographs, edited and saved them as a JPEG-JFIF Compliant file using Paint Shop Pro 6.
I load the disc in to my DVD player and try to show the pictures. It seems to be unable to recognise that there is files on the disk and there is no list were the files should be and consequently the photographs are not shown.
If I check the properties of each photograph, under File type: it says it is a Nero PhotoSnapViewer File and Under Open with: Paint Shop Pro 6.
The disc plays perfectly and the pictures are shown if I use my computer.
What am I doing wrong? I would be grateful for any help

anskyber 18:50 30 Dec 06

Does your DVD player recognise DVD+RW? Ditto for jpegs?

tooter 19:01 30 Dec 06

anskyber
I think it does type:Sony DVPNS15 DVD Player.
click here

Fellsider 19:07 30 Dec 06

Have you finalised the disc?

Bagsey 19:12 30 Dec 06

Does you DVD player accept Cds? If so try using a CD and finalise it. I found the unfinalised discs were a No go on my DVD player. Unfinalised discs will play ok in you computer but may no play in somoneelses computer. This is an area wher problems of compatability arise to cause frustration. I found that I could play VCDs on my player but not Cds. But my VCDs wou;d not play on my sons player but CDs would????
I say try Cds instead of DVDs as your friends will run away out of boredom watching a vast amount of slides on a DVD. I use DVD Pixplay to produce slide shows and find it good. you can get a free limited version on trial from.
click here

tooter 19:16 30 Dec 06

Fellsider
I downloaded the files and when finished I ejected it. There was no message to finalise it and I did not manually finalise it so I presume it was finalised If it is not finalised how would I know and how is this done.

tooter 19:26 30 Dec 06

Bagsey
I have played bought films on DVD & Audio CDs ok. But it does not seem to like CD-RWs or anything I record myself off the computer.

Bagsey 09:45 02 Jan 07

I have checked on the web and find that your player should handle the list as shown below.

Sony DVPNS15 DVD Player.
DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-Video, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, Video CD, SVCD, MP3 CD, Kodak picture, JPEG playback compatible. ...

If the discs that you burn on your computer dont play the you must look to your computer. I would suggest that you are probably using incompatible CODECS.and must find a source on the net and download more. I am deffinately not an expert in this area so would suggest another thread be started asking that question. There is sure to be some one here who is knowlegeble. Another source of info could be the DVD Pixplay forum ( Free)and do a search there as I know the question of CODECS has been asked many times. If I find anything I will post back here.

Bagsey 09:48 02 Jan 07

Sorry I forgot to give you the link to DVDPixplay forum.
click here

Bagsey 09:52 02 Jan 07

Also have a look at this. I will leave you in peace now. Cheers and a Happy New Year
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now