How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…
I'm trying to save my password in 'dial up connection' box so I don't have to keep putting it in every time I go online. Any help greatly appreciated.
password is blank even if I tick save password it is not retained.
Go to Internet Settings, then Connection tab, and change the settings for your connection. If you type in your password there and click ok, it should save it!
I've tried going into Internet settings but it still doesn't work.
this is a common problem and there is a fix for it. it can also happen with outlook express just need to edit the registry to apply this fix and it should solve the annoying problem.back up the registry by going to start/run and typr regedit. now click file export, and export all and save it.
This fix also applies to Outlook, other programs that store passwords in the Protected Storage System Provider sub branch of the Registry. It also corrects some issues with Internet Explorer and Autocomplete.
This is caused by a damaged Registry key. To Remove the broken Key in Windows® XP
1) Click Start, click Run, and then type regedt32 in the Open box.
2) Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
3) Right click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider key, and then Select Permissions.
4) In the Permissions for Protected Storage System Provider dialog box, click the Advanced tab. Make sure that the <Username> has Full Control access. Select "Replace permission entries..."
5) Click OK.
6) Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each subkey that is listed under the Protected Storage System Provider registry key; otherwise, you may receive the following error message when you try to delete the Protected Storage System Provider key:
Registry editor could not delete the key currently selected. The key or one of its
subkeys does not give you delete access.
Note: The sub keys under Protected Storage System Provide will look something like this:
7) At this point, you can delete the Protected Storage System Provider key by clicking Delete on the Edit menu. If you prefer, you can first export a copy of this key, and then delete the key. To export the key, right click the Protected Storage System Provider key, and select Export. The exported file can be re-imported by double clicking on it.
8) When you click Delete, you receive the following message:
Registry editor will delete the currently selected key and all its subkeys. Do you want to continue
Click Yes to finish the process.
Thanks for the fix I'll give it a go.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.