Saving notes in OPERA 7

paulhg 16:26 17 Feb 04

Calling Opera 7 experts. A useful feature of Opera 7 is the ability to select paragraphs of text from web sites and then save them as "notes". However I would like to save the notes as text files for future reference in a folder outside Opera, avoiding the need to open Opera every time I want to refer to them, also so that I can print them. Is this possible ? Thanks, PaulG.

Pesala 18:18 18 Feb 04

Opera notes are stored in a plain text file in your \Opera7\Profile directory. You could create a shortcut to this file and open it in Wordpad, then cut and paste to print out what you want. You can also select text on a web page, and choose to print the selection.

For a tip on how to do this click here using notes see my thread on inserting Unicode characters in the Customising Opera Forum click here

Note that Opera 7.50 preview 2 has just been released. If you don't mind taking risks with pre-release software, take a look: click here

Pesala 19:32 18 Feb 04

Sorry, forget to mention what the tip was for.

On the right-click menu there are two items: insert personal, and notes. I find that insert personal is not very useful as each field is separate. I created a notes folder for my personal details, and a few other folders to organise my notes. Then I removed the "Insert Personal" submenu, and included the notes folders directly on the right-click menu. As long as you keep your notes well organised in not more than five or six folders, this will make accessing them easier.

paulhg 14:31 19 Feb 04

Thanks for your very helpful advice Pesala.
I also found the advice of MarcFou (Opera Forum - Customising - 16 Feb) extremely helpful. His little add-on works a treat. Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…