saving (not installing) d/loads from Windows Updat

bazbazbaz 16:02 23 Jan 07

Ihave an old computer with a Voodoo3000 video card, I can download a driver for XP from windows update but haven't been able to get one anywhere else... is there a way to save the driver from windows update without installing it? was thinking maybe next time I need to reinstall XP they wouldn't bother keeping sw for something so old, TIA

Technotiger 16:34 23 Jan 07

Hi, yes, you could save the download in a separate folder on your HD, make your own folder, call it Saved Dnlds, or similar. I use DAP for all my downloads, this automatically saves my downloads.

bazbazbaz 15:19 24 Jan 07

I'll give that a try, thanks

Technotiger 19:20 24 Jan 07

Hmm, I have just re-read your Post - first time round I 'missed' 'from windows update', so my suggestion might not work - still worth a try though. I realise that you/we do not have so much control over windows downloads, which are usually automated regarding the install, where I was thinking of normal downloads where one has the option to save/run etc. Sorry if I have miss-led you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…