Saving music files

chochi 00:54 13 Feb 08

The "My Music"folder is showing my tracks in folders by Artist. I would like them listed by track name instead, is this possible?

mrwoowoo 01:01 13 Feb 08

just right click a space and choose sort by name.

chochi 01:05 13 Feb 08

They are sorted by name, but the name of the artist or the title of the album. I would like them showing the individual track title.

mrwoowoo 01:09 13 Feb 08

if you right click and then sort by,at the bottom of the list there are lots more options.

chochi 14:58 13 Feb 08

No sorry, thats not what I am looking for. When I rip a cd in WMP it automatically saves the track(s) in My Music as a Folder containing the ripped music and showing as either the Album name or the Artist name. I would like the tracks to be saved individually as a track title.I think it must be something in WMP setup, but I don't know how to change it.

chochi 20:04 13 Feb 08

Just moving this up, to see if anyone on here this evening can answer this for me.

have a look in wmp
tools>options>rip music tab>file name>check the box song title and uncheck the rest?
Sorry dont use it to rip so cant verify.

chochi 21:31 13 Feb 08

Thanks *Raven* for your reply, but it has made no difference. They appear in WMP Library as song titles under All Music, but it is when it is saved automatically to My Music that it is saved as a folder and I then have to open the folder to get to another folder then to the song title. A bit of a "palaver". As I said it seems to be the setting in WMP telling it to do this, but how can I change it?

cocteau48 21:54 13 Feb 08

Media Monkey will allow you to move and organize files based on track info.
It is far superior to Media Player and may be worth a look:
click here

Sorry dont know the setting in wmp,but audio grabber can do it for future rips.
click here

chochi 21:16 14 Feb 08

Thanks for all replies. I had a look at the programmes you have mentioned. I don't have a problem with WMP itself, it's just the way the default setting saves the tracks in My Music. I will keep WMP for the time being and just put up with the way it saves. Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…