Saving MS Works files as Word

hawthorn59 16:31 12 Jan 09

Hi folks

Im a bit puzzled by Works and Word. I have MS Works 9 on my new laptop, and a trial version of MS Office. Works has a Microsoft Works Word Processor, I think its a "Word" word processor if you know what I mean.

I have the option of saving a document as a .doc so it will open in Office. However, if I uninstall the Office trial, will this version of Works opem the .doc document? I feel it will, but Im not sure.

Previous ones used to I think.

thanks

h

MAT ALAN 16:56 12 Jan 09

click here

you can use a word viewer

or

click here
download this when your trial is over...

Simsy 17:00 12 Jan 09

that comes with "Works" is NOT "Word".
However, I believe that the word processor will open a word .doc.

What version of Office do you have on trial though...
If it's 2007, beware that the default file format for saving documents in Word 2007 is the new MS format .docx and not .doc

I don't think, (but I'm open to correction), that works will open a .docx

You can however download a reader for it from Microsoft, but you wont be able to edit with it.

click here

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Sea Urchin 17:07 12 Jan 09

MS Works 9 will save documents as .doc and also as .docx - and Works will also open .doc files using a file converter (automatic).

Simsy 18:12 12 Jan 09

Regards,

Simsy

hawthorn59 03:43 13 Jan 09

Thank you all. I had a suspicion that it actually would open a Word file - so thats good!

thanks all, I presume I can safely uninstall Office now....

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…