Saving Microsoft Updates to Disk

old jim 07:25 07 Mar 03

Please help! I am sure that you can save Microsoft updates to disk, instead of just downloading and installing, but I cannot remember the correct address, if anyone out there knows please post an answer.

Old Jim

Lú-tzé 08:08 07 Mar 03

click here for a site with links to all the downloads.

BurrWalnut 08:16 07 Mar 03

Just go to Windows Update (IE, Tools) and on the left panel is Windows catalog. Click on it and enter your OS and voila, hundreds of them appear.

MartinT-B 09:17 07 Mar 03

When you go to Windows update - you can customise the settings to tell you the complete download address. Look for installed updates after you have done that and see if you can re-download to disk.

Also you can go to the windows update catalogue and download from there.

The latter I find to be the best. Click on that link - last on the left when you first get to update and a new window will open on right with 3 options

Find updates, Find drivers and view history.
Note underneath says
"After you have downloaded your updates, you can install them at any time."

When you click on find updates, you will be asked for OS and Language - this means you can DL updates for other OS's apart from your own, or get a friend with BB to download for you if you are only on 56K

IZZY 13:11 07 Mar 03

OLD JIM..

You might also have alook through this thread...

click here

Same subject keeps cropping up but always worth reposting.

Regards,

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…