Saving large file to floppy

Graham ® 15:01 11 Apr 04

Someone once showed me how to save a large file over several floppies. I need to copy a driver to a 98SE machine that won't read CD-RW, and I don't want to waste a CD-R. At 1.48MB, it won't fit on one floppy. Any takers?

johnnyrocker 15:05 11 Apr 04

can you not start d/loading it and pc eventually says disc full insert another to continue?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:05 11 Apr 04

This any good click here

pj123 15:12 11 Apr 04

Understand what you are saying but CDRs are only 18p each!!! If you burn it to CD as Multisession you can add more to it at a later date anyway. Alternatively, you could download Powerdesk 5 from PCA download page. You can then zip a file over multiple floppies. Powerdesk needs to be installed on both computers though. click here and scroll down to Powerdesk 5.

Graham ® 15:29 11 Apr 04

johnnyrocker, no, it downloads as a zip file.

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË, went through that proceedure, then the blooming thing saved on one floppy! It's in my docs now.

pj123, I'll download Powerdesk.

Thanks all, job's done.

SEASHANTY 15:34 11 Apr 04

One of the small USB pen drives would have been handy in a case like this.

anchor 15:36 11 Apr 04

File splitter, (free):

click here

Graham ® 15:43 11 Apr 04

anchor, Filesplitter download not available.

anchor 16:21 11 Apr 04

Very Strange!!!!!!.

I have just the moment downloaded it.

VoG II 16:30 11 Apr 04

Yes, me too anchor, just to check.

Graham ® 17:35 11 Apr 04

I was trying for the 'With Installer'. 'Without installer' now downloaded, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…