Saving K-Lite codec pack settings

zeppman 23:39 08 Dec 08

I am preparing to format my PC and would like to save the settings for my K-Lite codec pack.When I have formatted in the past It has took me a long time to get the settings right and would like to ease the pain of the format by having a copy of the settings to work off when I reinstall K-Lite codec pack.

Stuartli 23:54 08 Dec 08

It would probably be easier to take a note of the settings under which ever drop-down menu option you have chosen and re-instate them when you install the codec pack again.

ashdav 09:27 09 Dec 08

Go to C/Program Files/Klite Codec pack/Media Player Classic.
Copy and keep the configuration file shown.
When you reinstall the Klite codec pack, at the first window (where it says default settings) scroll down and select "lots of stuff".
When the installation is complete got to C/Program Files/Klite Codec pack/Media Player Classic and replace the configuration file with the one you saved.

Stuartli 11:12 09 Dec 08

I don't install the Media Player Classic but I do update the Full Pack regularly and it retains my configuration; I install over the previous version.

zeppman 13:47 09 Dec 08

I will let you know how it goes as soon as I am back up and running

Thanks

zeppman 14:31 09 Dec 08

Can you tell me the exact name of the configuration file I can see
ffdshow
Filters
Tools
psvince.dll
unins000

ashdav 15:07 09 Dec 08

open the file called Media Player Classic.
Config file is in there.
If you haven't installed the player then the codec settings (if there are any) will be in Windows somewhere.
I didn't think codecs needed setting up but were installed to be used when needede.

zeppman 15:27 09 Dec 08

what sort of file should I be looking for
and what name .I have looked in Windows but nothing seems to match.

ashdav 15:34 09 Dec 08

File path for above is C/Program Files/K-lite Codec Pack/Media Player Classic/
File is called mplayerc and is a config file.
What media player are you using ?

zeppman 15:38 09 Dec 08

nero mostly but itunes for music

zeppman 15:41 09 Dec 08

found it .thanks will save and format.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…