Saving IE Favourites

XFX 13:32 01 Dec 03

Sometime this week i shall be getting a new Mainboard, So shall be doing a full re-install.
I have done most of my backing-up.
But I don't have a clue how to back-up my favourites in Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer.

I have got a plug in external USB Device and was hoping to back-up onto that as a temporary storage place.

Has anyone got the answer for me?

I suppose I should also ask, how do I transfer them back to my PC after the Re-Intall?

xania 13:37 01 Dec 03

Different versions, and sometimes even installs, of WIndows holds this info in different ways. Run a search for 'Favorites' which will show you where you have them stored, then back this folder up in the usual way.

When it comes to re-storing, you should do the same, just to be safe.

Audeal 13:52 01 Dec 03

You could try Genie Backup Manager from here. click here This backs up all you Favorites, e-mail and other items. Worth taking a look.

Taff36 14:24 01 Dec 03

In IE 6 go to FILE>IMPORT EXPORT and follow the wizard. This will save your favourites (& Cookies in case you have important ones for financial sites) to a file called BOOKMARK.HTM in a location of your choice. (Use the browse button in the last step of the wizard. Copy this file on a floppy to your new computer and import it via the same wizard.

powerless 18:54 01 Dec 03

Another pre-prepared eh vog? click here

bretsky 19:03 01 Dec 03

Go to c/progams files/your name docs and settings,look for your name folder and click on it, you should see favourites folder-right click on the folder and send to A drive (floppy)or any removable media you have, backup done!

I'm using win xp home ed sp1......good luck..

XFX 20:14 01 Dec 03

Thanks to all who helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…