saving games with limited user accounts

losmara 22:19 23 Nov 05

Hi.
I've recently installed xp pro sp2 and set up a limited user account for my daughter. However under the limited account when she quits her games it won't allow her to save them.

It does allow you to save the games when logged on as administrator.

Is there anyway of letting her save her games without giving her administrator rights? as this seams to defeat the whole purpose of setting up limited accounts.

Rigga 08:46 24 Nov 05

Find the directory where the save games are being saved.

Then highlight in explorer, right click and choose properties. Then under security, you should be able to give the limited user account, or group, write access to the folder.

Which should solve the problem.

If you need any more help, let us know.

HTH. R.

losmara 21:59 25 Nov 05

Rigga

thanks for your reply but when I right click on the required folder there is no secuity option, only general, sharing and customise. Using the sharing option doesn't work ... as after I've dragged the save folder to the shared folder. when i replay the game it simply recreates a saved folder in it's old position

Rigga 09:16 26 Nov 05

To reveal the Security tab, open Windows Explorer. Then choose Tools / Folder Options menu.

On the View tab, scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Settings and clear the check box next to "Use Simple File Sharing." Click OK to apply the change.

You should now have a Security tab in directory properties.

HTH R.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…