Saving on Front Page!!

stuj77 18:27 14 Jan 04

I have recently brought home a webpage from work (which worked fine) on cd to put onto my computer at home so I can work on it mainly there as I have bought my own domain name and would prefer to update the webpage from home.

At work the computers run Front Page 2000, and home I run a recently upgraded Front Page 2002. The website run fine fine from the cd but when I try to access my index page (and quite a few others) I get the error message "server error. The server extensions were unable to access the file '[location]\vti_pvt\service.lck Please cheack file permissions' . I also get this message when I try and save on other webpages I have made. Yet the strange thing is I can access the webpage from the cd but cannot access it directly from my hard drive.

I have tried unistalling Front Page 2002 and going back to 2000, and have even unistalled Office 2000 and XP, yet nothing seems to work.

Plese help!
stuj77

stuj77 18:49 14 Jan 04

I wonder if it is necessary to uninstall any features of Front Page enable it to work and not get this error message?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…