saving firefox bookmarks

c4rmo 14:59 29 Dec 04

k im about to format and i got like 50+ sites in my firefox bookmarks any way i can save them?? so i dont have to re add each site individiualy??

Taran 15:12 29 Dec 04

Open up Firefox

Click on Bookmarks

Select Manage Bookmarks from the drop down menu

On the pop-up window that appears, click on File >> Export

Browse to where you want the bookmarks to go, name the file or leave it as its default of bookmarks.html and click on Save.

When you're ready to import them after your format and clean install, repeat the above steps but select the option to Import instead. Browse to your bookmarks.html file and off you go.

Job Done !

T

Taran 15:14 29 Dec 04

Obviously you need to save the bookmarks.html file somewhere safe.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that you wouldn't, but you'd be surprised at how many people put things in their My Documents folder, format their drive and suddenly wonder where that important file went...

;o)

SEASHANTY 16:26 29 Dec 04

This is where the USB2 pen drives come in handy. I often shift bookmarks between PC's using one of these drives. You could save to floppy disk, of course, if your PC has a floppy drive.

c4rmo 16:38 29 Dec 04

thx alot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…