Saving files using INCD

justrr 15:51 04 Dec 05

I have saved my backup files to a CD RW using the Nero INCD system.
Some Word files (.doc) do not reload properly and give a File Conversion dialog box. This shows a set of unreadable characters and a message to "select the encoding that makes your document readable". The choices are Windows (Default), MS-DOS or Other. Whichever is selected does not make the document readable.
Also in many instances Publisher files just refuse to open.
Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution ?

justrr

MichelleC 15:55 04 Dec 05

As far as I know the Nero INCD system only records the file selection for the burning and has not copied the actual files. So it is just a reference of the originating source. If that source has gone it can't burn.

GaT7 16:08 04 Dec 05

InCD formats a blank CD to work just like a floppy. I've used it in the past - it seemed to work OK for a while but then gave all sorts of errors when trying to retrieve data or open files. For this reason I now only create multisession CDs. G

pj123 16:39 04 Dec 05

I also don't use InCD anymore, in fact it's not even installed on my computer now.

CD-RWs are not very reliable for making backups, I use ordinary CDRs in multisession mode using Nero 6.

The only time I use CD-RWs is to transfer a large file from one PC to another and that is getting very rare now. I find it is better to use a Flash memory card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…