saving far cry saved games to use after reformat

pookie 13:04 01 Mar 06

hi

i may have to reformat due to some issues. i'm not bothered as i don't have that much loaded anyway. however, i'm half way through far cry and don't really want to have to start again after game is reinstalled after format. is there a folder i can keep as a back up and then paste into the new far cry folder so saved games/config will still be there?

cheers as always

P

gudgulf 13:18 01 Mar 06

You will find your save games in the folder C:\Ubisoft\Crytek.....(or whatever directory the game is installed in)...\FarCry\Profiles\Player

You could burn the savegame files to cd or drop them on a second hard drive if you have one.

Other than that there is no safe place to leave the files on a disc you are about to format.

keef66 13:23 01 Mar 06

Don't have far Cry myself, but a bit of Googling found this reference to the saved game file:

....in your \UBISOFT\Crytek\Far Cry\Profiles\player\[Profilename]\savegames directory.

Have a look and see if you have one of these, and back it up / paste after reinstall.

Good luck

Keef

pookie 12:41 03 Mar 06

sorry for delay but been away - many thanks for this - i've a second hard to back up to - i'll do it at the weekend.

cheers guys

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now