Saving emails to My Documents.

Howie1 09:18 AM 12 Jan 12

I run Windows7 on an HP G62 laptop. I have hotmail and livemail downloaded and linked together.

Can anyone tell me how I can save a copy of an email to a folder in "My Documents"?

I know I can create a new folder but this is within the email environment. I know that I can save attachments to another file, but not just an email.

Ian in Northampton 10:08 AM 12 Jan 12

Something I just discovered, after reading your post - but it probably won't help you - is that you can right click on an item in Outlook, copy it and then save it in My Documents. If you can't find a better solution, and if it's important to you, you might want to consider having your Hotmail and Livemail accounts forward to Outlook.

Howie1 10:55 AM 12 Jan 12

Thanks Ian, I used to have Outlook until my old laptop died and Outlook was not available as a free option. I had to go to hotmail and don't think I can get back to Outlook.

john bunyan 11:16 AM 12 Jan 12

I have my drive partitioned such thet programmes are pn the c: drive and all data I create is under sub folders of "My Documents" on my data drive.eg F:/ My Music, My Pictures etc. I have also moved my email folder to a sub folder on the data partition, ie My Documents/My Outlook. The archive is on a second Hard drive.

Batch 12:21 PM 12 Jan 12

Try this:

Open up each email that you want to save in your browser, then use the browser's "Save As" function to save the web page (to My Documents). Then try re-opening the save web page and see if that works for you.

robin_x 12:39 PM 12 Jan 12

How to save Livemail email

How to Backup Livemail

General Google

Drag and drop may work.

It might be best to setup an email Client as mentioned in first link or try Mozilla Thunderbird (reasonably easy)

emails are then downloaded and stored on your computer. Drag and drop will definitely work then.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…