Saving emails with attachments.

nam_rahs 19:25 13 Feb 09

I have a number of emails with attachments that I would like to save to CD, if this is possible how do I go about it?
Thanks.

knockin on 19:30 13 Feb 09

I can drag emails and attachments, from Outlook to other folders on my computer.
Presumably they could be dragged to your CD burner also?
Right clicking attachments allows them to be copied elsewhere.

nam_rahs 15:45 15 Feb 09

knockin on
Thanks kindly for your response, I'll give it a try. Does your name imply that you are a silver surfer, because I am (very much so)

Pineman100 18:59 15 Feb 09

Your problem is that an email is not a discrete file, in the sense that - say - a Word document is. An email is part of a database, and cannot therefore be saved on an external medium as a separate item (so far as I know). You could export an entire folder of emails to a .CSV file, but I don't know of any way of saving individual emails outside of your email client software.

You can save the attachment, by right-clicking on it and then clicking Save As.

So probably the easiest way to achieve what you want is to highlight all the email text, and then copy and paste it into a Word document. You can then burn the attachment file and the Word document together to a CD. If you do this for a number of emails, then in order to ensure that the right attachment and the right Word document are associated with each other, you could give them the same name, say 'Email 1 text. doc' and 'Email 1 attachment.xxx (whatever the file extension is)', or you could put the pairs of files into individual folders.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now