Saving Email Folders/Favourites Before Format

Mozart 20:38 12 May 03

I want to save my email folders, contact lists, and favourites before I format my hard drive. I basically have two questions:
1. How do you save favourites listsi use (IE6)?
2. How should i save my email folders, i want to export them from OE6 so i can import them into Outlook when i reinstall. However when i try to export i am told the export failed beacuse 'The default MAPI store could not be opened'. What does this mean and how can I fix the problem? Help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mozart 21:16 12 May 03

Thanks for reading...but I have sorted out the problems for myself!

MartinT-B 21:24 12 May 03

Yes you can.

I don't use export. I just copy the whole 'mother' directory containing all folders and letters etc. to another drive or CD. THis can be done by opening OE, Tools, Options, and one of the tabs has a button called store folder. Right click on the address, select all, copy.

Then go to Start -> Run and paste the saved windows address, press open and that will take you straight to the store folder with all your OE data.

Same thing for favorites.

Favs is easy - search for a file called favorites, and when found, select all and copy. Each one should be about 1kb.

recap 21:26 12 May 03

Mozart, maybe you could post how you achieved this for future reference to other forum members?

leo49 21:47 12 May 03

If you've a partitioned drive, IE favourites and OE folders can be permanently relocated to a data partition so there's never any need to export them.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…