saving email attachments in my documents

Rhodie 14:23 07 Jul 05

Using outlook and I used to save emails in my documents as outlook message - therefore attachments stayed with message. Now working on company server and told can no longer save emails as outlook message because it causes problems with outlook on the server (overloading I think). Any suggestions as to saving email message then attachments separately but I need to be able to easily find and identify the attachment which came with the email?
I had thought of saving the message as a text document. Saving the attachment in an attachment folder and hyperlinking the attachments to the text document or html - then realised can't hyperlink to a text document or to html.
What do other companies do - any suggestions?

octal 17:50 07 Jul 05

You should be able to save the email as a Word document then save the attachment separately and adding a hyperlink to open the document, I tried this in Open Office and it works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…