Saving email address book to restore later

pj123 20:18 27 Jul 04

Some time ago I had to reformat, reinstall and setup a computer for a friend. He had about 950 email addresses that he didn't want to type in again one at a time. I saved the .wab to a floppy disk and, when everything was working again I copied the .wab to the relevant folder (Win 98SE). Everything is now working fine, all his email addresses are there. Now, I have just had to do the same thing to someone else's computer (again Win 98SE) but this time there are no email addresses whatsoever in OE when trying to send an email. I still have the .wab file on floppy so how do I get OE to recognise it please?

GaT7 21:14 27 Jul 04

Only a suggestion...

1. Open OE & key-in details of one contact in the address book.

2. Then note the name of the (newly created) .wab file in C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book\.

3. Rename your SAVED .wab file to MATCH the (newly created) .wab file

4. Replace the (newly created) .wab file with the saved one.

Djohn 21:28 27 Jul 04

Have you tried copying the floppy contents to a folder on the desktop then open OE and use the File/import option? Direct it to the new folder on the desktop.

Think thats how I did mine when saving from AOL to transfer to OE, after converting them from the AOL format first.

pj123 10:14 28 Jul 04

Crossbow7, will give that a try, thanks.

Djohn, Tried that and although it said Import successful, when opening the address book in OE there is nothing in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5