saving e-mails from my msn.com e-mail account to my hard drive.

hrknhank 15:22 PM 03 Mar 12

How can I transfer saved e-mails from my msn.com e-mail account to my hard drive? I've been getting MSN Premeire as part of my Verizon DSL for over 10 years. That is apparently changing and will no longer be offered. MSN is of course offering me the chance to pay for the service myself but I think this is the time to go with a new ISP. Many of those e-mails are important as back-up to conversations about legal and business matters that I probably don't need, but you can guarentee I will need them one day after they are no longer available. I know I could go in and save them individually, but there are literally thousands of them. It has been over 10 years. Isn't there a way I could do a bulk save? Thanks.

ams4127 16:38 PM 03 Mar 12

Just copy and paste into Wordpad, or similar.

difarn 17:10 PM 03 Mar 12

It should be possible to back up your e-mails to an external hard drive/flash drive

Have you tried.....

Open MSN Explorer.

Click "Settings," then click "Email Settings."

Click "Import and Export" then click "Export." Name the file something meaningful, then click "Save." Save the backup file to a location on your hard drive.

hrknhank 18:09 PM 03 Mar 12

Thanks, I will try these later today. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites