Saving an e mail attachment to floppy disk

anniesboy68 14:49 19 Oct 03

When I try to save an attachment sent by e mail [for virus checking] a box appears asking me to open or save. However, the box to save is greyed out, i.e. cannot save. Any reasons for this, anyone, please.

powerless 14:51 19 Oct 03
  anniesboy68 15:04 19 Oct 03

Powerless...thanks, but that doesn't help, I can open the attachment but before opening you get the box with the options, and as I said earlier, the save box is greyed out. I have alterd the security setting in OE as suggested but to no avail.

BarryKeith 15:40 19 Oct 03

Have you tried right clicking the attachment after opening it? You should obtain a context menu with a "save" or "save as" option.

anniesboy68 15:53 19 Oct 03

Yes, ok can be done that way but,,, I am trying to save before opening it....to check for viruses. Never had this problem before!!!!! This is not really an issue because the e mail as a whole can be saved to disk. It's just bugging me as to why the "save" box is greyed out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…