Saving to E: drive

rawprawn 11:38 30 Dec 04

I have been trying to save some information directly into E: Drive (INCD), but I get this message "You do not have permission to save in this directory, see the administator to obtain permission" It is my computer, I am the administrator how can I change this setting?

ACOLYTE 12:31 30 Dec 04

I dont think you can use a blank cd this way you need to save the file to Hdd then burn it to cd after.

rawprawn 12:56 30 Dec 04

I have just tried to do that and I get a message that the files cannot be copied or moved as they are Read Only, but in properties they are not shown as read only. Any further thoughts ?

ACOLYTE 13:01 30 Dec 04

click here

click here

These any help?

rawprawn 13:36 30 Dec 04

I' have given xxcopy a whirl, but without success. I am not used to working in DOS, and I think I have probably got it wrong.

rawprawn 14:06 30 Dec 04

I have just done a system restore, and all is working again. I cannot tell whether it was the restore, or rebooting after trying xxcopy, but anyway it seem s OK now. Thank you for your imput.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…