Saving to DVD

Graham ® 19:49 30 Jul 06

A friend's computer is coming to me for System Recovery. I wish to back up My Documents, My Pictures, Address book, My Favorites, and anything else I see, to DVD. Is there an easy way to do this? I have Nero.

powerless 19:53 30 Jul 06

Is the system still working?

Easiest way is to copy everything across the network/crossover.

Or take out the HDD and drop it in as a slave...

Graham ® 19:58 30 Jul 06

Still working but painfully slow. It may be faulty memory or even malware - no protection! I don't want to risk my own machine by copying or networking.

Diversion 20:20 30 Jul 06

In Nero select DVD and just click on make data DVD, and select all the files that you want to save.

Diversion 20:24 30 Jul 06

Using Nero click here

Graham ® 20:24 30 Jul 06

Will Nero prompt for a new disk when one is full? I ask because I've never done it before!

Gongoozler 20:24 30 Jul 06

If your worried about your friends computer having a virus, and it doesn't have a DVD writer you can temporarily fit your own writer in the computer, or even better persuade your friend to shell out £30 for a dvd writer. This is one of the best click here

Gongoozler 20:27 30 Jul 06

Graham ®, a dvd will hold about 4G of data. You can get a lot of files in that space. You don't have to copy all the files at once, just write 4G at a time. You don't want to back up Windows and all the programs, that's what's probably infected.

Graham ® 20:28 30 Jul 06

It will come with a new DVD writer for me to install.

Graham ® 20:30 30 Jul 06

Good point, up to 4GB at a time, then.

Diversion 20:36 30 Jul 06

If there is more data that will fit on one disk it will tell you, just delete a few items and put them on another disk. Is it a DVD Writer or a CD Writer that is on the PC? CD's will store 700MB and DVD 4.7GB of data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch