Saving to DVD

Graham ® 19:49 30 Jul 06

A friend's computer is coming to me for System Recovery. I wish to back up My Documents, My Pictures, Address book, My Favorites, and anything else I see, to DVD. Is there an easy way to do this? I have Nero.

powerless 19:53 30 Jul 06

Is the system still working?

Easiest way is to copy everything across the network/crossover.

Or take out the HDD and drop it in as a slave...

Graham ® 19:58 30 Jul 06

Still working but painfully slow. It may be faulty memory or even malware - no protection! I don't want to risk my own machine by copying or networking.

Diversion 20:20 30 Jul 06

In Nero select DVD and just click on make data DVD, and select all the files that you want to save.

Diversion 20:24 30 Jul 06

Using Nero click here

Graham ® 20:24 30 Jul 06

Will Nero prompt for a new disk when one is full? I ask because I've never done it before!

Gongoozler 20:24 30 Jul 06

If your worried about your friends computer having a virus, and it doesn't have a DVD writer you can temporarily fit your own writer in the computer, or even better persuade your friend to shell out £30 for a dvd writer. This is one of the best click here

Gongoozler 20:27 30 Jul 06

Graham ®, a dvd will hold about 4G of data. You can get a lot of files in that space. You don't have to copy all the files at once, just write 4G at a time. You don't want to back up Windows and all the programs, that's what's probably infected.

Graham ® 20:28 30 Jul 06

It will come with a new DVD writer for me to install.

Graham ® 20:30 30 Jul 06

Good point, up to 4GB at a time, then.

Diversion 20:36 30 Jul 06

If there is more data that will fit on one disk it will tell you, just delete a few items and put them on another disk. Is it a DVD Writer or a CD Writer that is on the PC? CD's will store 700MB and DVD 4.7GB of data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…