saving drivers before reinstall

AlouetteIII 09:44 22 Apr 09

After 3 years I think the time has come to reinstall XP (numerous niggley faults that CCleaner/Avast/superantispyware and others won't clear). I seem to remember a link some time ago to software which could save all the drivers on the machine to make the reinstall easier. Any ideas, please?

Graphicool1 11:06 22 Apr 09

If you have the WinXP disk you could just run a repair. Then the drivers will all still be there.

OTT_Buzzard 11:15 22 Apr 09

If you do decide that it's time to do a complete re-install then downloading the latest drivers for your hardware won't do any harm. That way you know that everything will be uptodate.

AlouetteIII 13:42 22 Apr 09

I'll try a repair first, as I have the disk. If it comes to a full install then I'll get the latest drivers rather than rely on the installed ones. Thanks both.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…