Saving Documents to DVD

rafvr 14:12 01 May 06

Can anyone tell me if I can transfer written documents from CD's to DVD's to save on storage space.

Any help or information would be welcome.

Thank you

Gringo2005 14:16 01 May 06

It's the same concept as transfering files from your hard drive to CD-r, just use a DVD burner (assume you have one), some blank DVD's and burning software such as Nero.
If you want to transfer files from a cd to a dvd, Nero can do this aswell, either disc to disc or by storing the cd contents on the hard drive and then burning to dvd

Hope that helps

€dstowe 14:56 01 May 06

A DVD is quite delicate and not really suitable for storage of relatively small files like you are suggesting - think of the number of 10KB Word files you could get on a 4.7GB DVD and think of the disappointment if you scratched it and lost the lot!

CDs are more robust and you can still get a huge amount of data on to one.

rafvr 15:03 01 May 06

Thank you Gringo 2005. I had been trying to use the program that came with the DVD recorder but it didn't want to know the CD with the information stored on it. I have Nero but hadn't realised that I could burn DVD's with it however I see that there is a DVD tag at the top so having selected that I am burning a DVD at the moment. Thank you for your prompt reply and help.

rafvr 15:06 01 May 06

Thank you €dstowe, for you advise, I will make sure that important documents are retained on CD's. I am grateful for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…