Saving to cdrw

Ashlee 16:09 11 Feb 03

Can anyone help me with the following problem, when i create a file using ,say, excel and then burn it to a cdrw if i put that cd into my drive again i am able to access the file no problem but if i change the file and then try to save the changes i get an error message along the lines of "cannot be saved disk may be full or write protected". Well the disk has certainly isn't full but i don't know how to check if its write protected. Iam using windows ME with Nero 5.5. I was hoping to be able to put various files onto cd then take them to work change them/update them using my cd burner, just as you would if you were saving to a floppy disk.Any help would be much appreciated.

€dstow 16:14 11 Feb 03

CDRWs and their packet writing software are notoriously unreliable. Have a search of the archive for recent posts on this.

I think you'd be better looking at some other method of swapping your files!

€d

Ben Avery (Work) 16:18 11 Feb 03

just resave the files to your desktop as a different name, then put them onto the CDRW using Nero Express???

MoiraB 16:46 11 Feb 03

CDR disks are much more reliable. They're so cheap why not save your file to that then open it at work, do your editing or altering then save it as a different name. You'll have to leave the session open but I'm assuming you're using the same software on both machines so it shouldn't be a problem.

pj123 17:10 11 Feb 03

If your CD/RW disk has been formatted you should be able to use it exactly the same as if it was a large floppy disk. If it hasn't been formatted then you would need to use Nero to re-save files to it.

barrie_g 19:04 11 Feb 03

try using "incd" from nero click here its under downloads though i'm not sure if th machine at work will be able to read it or not, but it is supposed to allow you to use a cdrw as a large floppy.

Ashlee 11:40 14 Feb 03

Thanks for all your help guys, i downloaded "incd"
and it works just fine.I can also change/modify my files on my pc at work,so i'm a happy man!!!
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…