Saving BIOS to floppy disk.

Tinkey Winkey 22:39 04 Aug 03

I need to install the latest BIOS for my MOBO and would like to put my current BIOS onto floppy disk incase I encounter any problems.Can anyone tell me how to do this please ?

Jester2K II 22:44 04 Aug 03

The program you use to FLASH (upgrade) your BIOS should help you do this.

Have a look on your mobo manufacturers website for a program to do this..

User-312386 22:47 04 Aug 03

as Jester2K II has said go the maunfacturers site to see if your MOBO maunsacturer has a programme for it

Tog 07:51 05 Aug 03

When you Flash the new BIOS version in you may lose your current settings, note them down first.

IZZY 16:25 05 Aug 03

Hi, P.P.

There's a little programme called Bios 1.35.1 which I understand will enable you to save the Bios

click here

Just checked the above link and it is still there under My Software (DOS) Main Page. Haven't used it myself but saved the link for future ref.

- although all the Bios updates with Flash I've seen have an option to save the current/existing Bios before flashing.

Good Luck and take it one step at a time.

Regards,

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…