Saving BIOS

Nickoftime 22:55 07 Nov 05

My ASUS A7V600-X Motherboard says to save a copy of the BIOS on a bootable floppy disk as backup. It doesn't say how one does this. Can anyone advise, please ?

Giggle n' Bits 00:21 08 Nov 05

or downloadable from click here

Nickoftime 09:58 08 Nov 05

Thanks Gulfstream. I'd already looked for the way to do it in the Quick Start manual but with no luck. Following your link I found the 'full' Users manual: Great !, I thought, but using 'Find' to locate 'Copy' only came up with the various injunctions - also in the Quick Start guide - to make a copy without teling one how ! Looking for the word 'bootable'- which I thought might also go on to cover copying the BIOS - came up with a reference to a section 4.1.1 about creating a Bootable Floppy Disk. Great ! I thought: but the manual stops at 3 point something - there is no section 4.1.1 !!! I hope the hardware I've bought has had a little more attention deveoted to its design than Asus has devoted to their manuals.

TonyAA 10:36 08 Nov 05

Just open up Asus Update and on the dropdown menu it has "save current Bios to the file" and copy it to a floppy.

Nickoftime 10:43 08 Nov 05

Tony - many thanks. But where's ASUS Update please ?

TonyAA 11:06 08 Nov 05

Dowload it from your motherboard CD.It's what you use to flash the bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…