Saving attachments in Outlook Express

spindlefox 21:11 25 Apr 04

This is a new one one me - I am running XP home on an Athlon 3000XP PC. Tonight I have tried to save a number of image attachments that were on an email using the 'save attachments' command to save the whole lot all at once. Soon as I clicked 'OK' my PC re-started! This has now happened 3 times - Microsoft have suggested that it is a driver problem but cannot say which is the offending programme (I have not installed anything for a couple of weeks).
Anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks

hugh-265156 23:45 25 Apr 04

to get a useful error displayed that you can look up click here by typing the error no. into the "search Kb" box,click:

control panel/system/advanced/start up and recovery/settings

untick "automatically restart"

when it crashes instead of a restart you should be shown an error screen.note it down and look it up above or post it here.may help,may not.

spindlefox 21:30 26 Apr 04

Thanks - I will give it a try.

Earl Of Sabden 21:38 26 Apr 04

How do I activate the attachments in outlook express....... they seem to be disabled? Thanks...EOS.

spindlefox 22:06 26 Apr 04

Look under 'tools / options / security' and un-check the box that says 'Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus'
Just be careful about what you open!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…