Saving Attachments

Hels 22:18 06 Jun 03

I need to send a Font as an attachment to a friend, she's hopeless on her PC and I know that talking her through the correct proceedure over the telephone is going to be a nightmere. Is there anyway that I can send the Font so it is automatically saved in the Font file?? We both use XP and Outlook Express.

The Spires 22:22 06 Jun 03

You could use a WinZip self extrtacting file. click here Zip the file to extract to Windows/fonts ot whatever. You can use it on the evaluation I believe too.

powerless 22:40 06 Jun 03

Start > Run > Type: iexpress

Click ok.

Click Next...

Choose "Extract Files only..."

Click next...

Choose a name for example "Font installer"...

Click ok...

Then click next, you can add a prompt like "Do you want to install this font?"...

Ignore the liscence bit and just click next...

Now choose your font by clicking on Browse and search for your font. Fonts are in C:\Windows\fonts... When done, clcik next...

Click next again...

Click next again, you can add a message like "Your font is installed"...

Chosee where you want the file to be saved and choose a name for it.

Click next...

Now choose "Dont' save" and click ok (this is so you can alter the installer - not needed if you do not want to change anything)

Click next and the installer will be created...

Exit the wizard.

Find the installer you have just created and right click and choose sendto > New > Compressed zipped folder.

Send this zip as the attachemnt. If she has XP she will be able to view the intsaller within the zipped file. (if not this will allow you click here ).

Have her click the installer and when prompted for the installtion path (where the font will be placed) have her enter.

C:\Windows\fonts

Click ok and the font will be in the font folder.

powerless 22:41 06 Jun 03

Oh you both use XP. Ignore the winzip bit in my post she will not need it.

hugh-265156 23:00 06 Jun 03

or use remote desktop connection and do it for her.

Hels 23:14 06 Jun 03

What a star!! Fantastic.....have tried it out and it's just what was needed, thanks a million Powerless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…