saving all email messages to disk using nero

omnibus 20:12 15 Apr 05

would like to save all important emails to disk using emails. at present can only save emails one at a time to floppy or disk this takes a lot of time. want to save all at one go

Carpigiani 20:45 15 Apr 05

You can burn your .dbx files to disk using Nero.

If you are using Outlook Express your store folder can be found by going to Tools\Options\Maintenance\Store Folder

Then navigate to your store folder from Nero & backup your files e.g. Inbox.dbx etc.

GroupFC 21:22 15 Apr 05

If you want to read the stored e-mails doing it Carpigiani's way means you would have replace your current inbox.dbx file with the backed up one (thus losing e-mails received since the last back up!), to read a particular e-mail.

I have a small program called OEviewer from click here (although it now looks as though its called OE reader), with which you can select messages from a backed up .dbx folder.

An alternative method would be to create a new folder on your desktop and drag the messages to it and then burn that folder to CD. The disadvantage of this method is that the files are saved as .eml files and you lose sight of some of the details that you can see in the .dbx folder.

jimv7 21:24 15 Apr 05

Create a folder on the desktop, call it fred, email anything you want.

Open outlook express, navigate to tools\Options\Maintenance\Store Folder\change, browse to the newly created folder on the desktop and say ok. all settings will change after restarting outlook express.

Now its easy to save your email folder from the desktop.

Carpigiani 21:36 15 Apr 05

e-mails received since the last backup don't have to be lost.

Just move them to another folder from within Outlook Express before replacing Inbox.dbx
Then they can be moved back again if necessary.

GroupFC 21:41 15 Apr 05

Doh!!

Yes - sorry obvious when you think about it!

(but I still like OEviewer as it saves transferring the inbox.dbx file back just to refer to one old e-mail!).

Carpigiani 21:43 15 Apr 05

Yes OEviewer sounds good. Think I will give it a try myself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…