Saving address list in AOL.

pj123 17:03 10 Jul 08

My friend is on AOL but is now thinking of moving to another ISP.

He has asked me how does he save his address list so that it can be available with whichever ISP he choses to go with.

Tell me how?

Thanks.

realist 17:38 10 Jul 08

Some advice here?
click here

Taff™ 17:39 10 Jul 08

Like you I`ve got two people who want to leave AOL but you can`t export the address book. AOL used to offer this facility and you can "Google" but none of the solutions actually work. If you go to AOL Keywords and search for "Address Book" or "Contact" book you end up at a dead end. "This Feature is no longer supported".

I`ve managed to sort this out for one mate and it is both time consuming and to be honest a PITA. (That`s not a bread by the way!)

You can access the AOL address book and literally copy and paste it into Excel. Reset the column headings and then cut and paste until you get an Excel spreadsheet which you save to a .csv format and then import to Outlook.

At the end of the day AOL have basically cut off the export feature which used to enable people to migrate to another service provider. Now you are on your own! Post back if you need more detailed destructions or drop me a PM. (I`m not likely to be online much later today - Referees meeting about ELV`s but the weekend might be good)

Taff™ 17:47 10 Jul 08

And apparently SKY want to do the same thing! Put it into an Online format you can`t maintain or export. You`re tied in for life....

Sorry, Rant over!

RobCharles1981 18:14 10 Jul 08

pj123

Ex AOL Customer here, now with Falconnet 1000 times better than AOL, Monthly Contracts so your friend won't be "tied" 8mb "Max" Broadband 30/300 usage allowance, no traffic shaping or port blocking, A Very Friendly UK Based Support team.

What more could you ask??

feb 18:24 10 Jul 08

Hi pj123

This works click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…