Saved Emails lost in AOL Personal Filling Cabinet

Giggle n' Bits 23:10 27 Jan 07

Helped my friend change a HDD and install XP Home when getting AOL back for him he said all the Saved emails in his personal filling cabinet has gone.

Now I would have thought there would be still their saved on AOL servers. Any idea if there is anyway to get them back. Maybe still on his original HDD somewhere saved in AOL file format maybe ? OLD HDD still intact but not being used and i would have to slave it to gain access.

Any ideas how to get his saved emails back please in AOL personal filing cabinet.

Giggle n' Bits 01:10 28 Jan 07

retrieval of lost saved Emails in the AOL v9 winXP Home emails/PFC

ashdav 01:25 28 Jan 07

If you are using AOL software then nothing will be stored on the computer accessing the AOL account.
All the emails will be on the AOL server.
To access these use Google to search for AOL uk and click on the first result shown.
Click on the email icon (blue envelope top left) and sign in with the relevant screen name and password.
At top left you will see "old email" and "sent email".
Everything should be in there.
One warning though,any incoming emails read will be deleted 3 days after access unless saved. This is just the way AOL works.
Don't try to access the emails through the usual AOL software. Go to Google first.

Giggle n' Bits 02:15 28 Jan 07

thanks ashdav, will try that.

Miros 04:26 28 Jan 07

Had a similar problem here, had to reinstall AOL in the process all my AOL e-mails saved and stored on my PC in my personal filing cabinet have disappeared, those saved and stored on AOL are still available. My thinking is they must be somewhere on PC but I don't know how to locate them. :-(

FatboySlim71 09:11 28 Jan 07

I have AOL 9 and I ALWAYS use the SAVED ON AOL option in my mail box, as I once lost all my saved emails as I used to save them on my pc and I didnt know at the time if I would be able to retrieve them. It is always better IMO to choose the SAVED ON AOL option because if you have got to re install AOL you know that then all the emails will be easily accessible again.

FatboySlim71 09:16 28 Jan 07

Ive just remembered this, If I remember correctly the emails that you saved on your pc could be in a fold named organize (just do a search of your pc for it), but I can't be certain as it is a few years since I enquired to AOL on where the emails are normally saaved on a PC, hope this helps you out some.

Miros 10:16 28 Jan 07

Thanks for that I had already done a search in Google and that came up with something about Organise folder in AOL, so your right with your info, but search as I might I still can't locate it.

Miros 10:18 28 Jan 07

Funny thing is I thought it would be safer to save on my PC than in AOL, how wrong I was.

FatboySlim71 08:52 29 Jan 07

I too thought it would be safer and easier to save them on my PC as well.

Miros 14:35 29 Jan 07

What a weird and wonderful thing is the computer those lost e-mails saved on my PC have suddenly reappeared from where I do not know, I'm absolutly baffled,and at the same time made up into the bargain. :-)

I don't have any answers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…