Saved acrobat pdf files wont open automatically

musicbassman 22:53 17 Nov 04

Acrobat pdf files will open automatically when I'm on the Web, but if I click on pdf files which are saved in My Documents I get the message 'pdf is not a valid Win32 application' But then if I open up the Adobe Acrobat program and open the files from there, they open fine. Any ideas? Ta.

VoG II 23:02 17 Nov 04

Right click on a pdf file, select Open With. Select Acrobat Reader and tick the box to always use this program.

Forum Editor 23:14 17 Nov 04

Open your 'My documents' folder and click on Tools/folder options.

Now click on the File types tab.

Scroll down the list and see if PDF is there. If it is, click on it and then click the 'change' button and select Adobe Acrobat. Put a tick in the box marked 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file'.

If PDF isn't listed in the file types list you'l need to add it. Click on the 'New' button underneath the list and type PDF in the extension box, and click on 'advanced'. You should see 'Adobe Acrobat document' appear in the box marked 'Associated file type'. If you don't you'll need to scroll down the list and select it.

Forum Editor 23:16 17 Nov 04

but I recommended the other route because you're getting the 'not a valid Win32 application' error message.

musicbassman 07:31 18 Nov 04

Thanks - success. But the strange thing is that the correct options were already showing - 'open with' was already showing acrobat as default, and File Types was already showing acrobat as the program to use. But I reselected and confirmed again that acrobat was the program to use and now all OK. A little glitch somewhere methinks.

Forum Editor 08:06 18 Nov 04

are the life-blood of this forum, and there's never a shortage of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…