Save Youtube videos

steve263000 09:51 15 Nov 08

I have read an article somewhere that stated that there is a program that will let me save You Tube and videos from the net. I could not use it at the time but I now have an Archos 405 and would like to save some to show my wife who is in hospital.

Can anybody tell me where to find this program?

Thanks in advance. Steve.

ashdav 09:59 15 Nov 08

Easiest way is to use Firefox and add this extension click here

iqs 10:00 15 Nov 08
  AL47 10:08 15 Nov 08

i also use that

works on more than utube too

Stuartli 10:35 15 Nov 08

I use the Lite freeware version of Save2PC (formerly YouTube Downloader).

It will save videos from YouTube to a folder and do so in alphabetical order of artiste or song titles. See:

click here

muddypaws 13:51 15 Nov 08

I use this click here

together with this which extracts the audio files from the video if required:
click here

The bottom one on the list.

steve263000 08:13 16 Nov 08

As usual you have come up trumps again in this forum. I do not think I have ever posted and been disappointed. So thanks for the time and links. I have for now installed the FF download helper that 'ashdav' put in. I will check out the others and see what they are about.

steve263000 12:58 22 Nov 08

I have downloaded the suggested software but whenever I try to save a video from Youtube it saves as an unsupported file and nothing will open it.

I have also posted here click here and could really use some help as I would love to save some video files and this is spoiling one of the best media players I have seen.

Stuartli 16:15 22 Nov 08

If you use Save2PC, as I do, you need to create a specific folder for downloaded videos and ensure that the folder is the target.

Save2PC will download required videos to that folder (mine is tagged YouTube Videos) and list them in alphabetical order of artiste or songs.

I play the videos using Windows Media Player 11.

It could be worthwhile downloading and installing the latest full pack of K-Lite Codecs. See:

click here

Unlikely you will need Windows Classic Player.

AL47 16:19 22 Nov 08

using the firefox addon?

is the file type a .flv?

as above, download the klite pack and media player will ply them

AL47 16:20 22 Nov 08

using the firefox addon?

is the file type a .flv?

as above, download the klite pack and media player will ply them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…