//some 3rd party need geo

Save a video streaming file in real one player?

Ellie3009 16:26 25 Aug 04

This may seem like a really stupid question, and the answer may way be very obvious, but I can't do it!

I am trying to save the online TV5 news in French to my hard drive so I can put it on CD and use it for teaching languages.

However, the videos are only in Realone format, and I can't find a way of saving them to disk! If you Right click and click 'open in realplayer' and have the 'now playing' toolbar open, I can save the URL to a playlist, but this is no good as I still have to be connected to the internet to view the clip.
I have the free version of RealOne player, if that makes a difference.

The clips I have been trying to download are here:
click here

The site is all in french, so to get a video clip, click any of the links in dark blue text that say "Grand Format" or "Petit Format." The video will now open in a new window.

If anyone can tell me a way to save these to my hard drive I would be very very grateful!!!

Thanks in advance,
Ellie

pj123 17:11 25 Aug 04

Forget Real Player and download Jetaudio from click here

I use jetaudio to save streamed links and have not had any problems yet.

Once it is installed it needs to be set up to read .ra .ram files. To do it open jetaudio and go to Preferences, File Type Associations, and in the right hand window select Check All, and then Update, and then OK. It will now play/record almost any file type available.

pj123 17:15 25 Aug 04

Tried your link but will have to get my partner (who is French) to read it and tell me what to do.

If I can sort it out for you I will let you know.

Ellie3009 18:06 25 Aug 04

Thanks for the reply pj but I can't get this to work either. I can't get the streaming video to open in Jetaudio and can't figure out how to link it to the page I'm after. Any other ideas please!?

Thanks for the suggestion!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…