Save tool to C: drive

Sam Gee 11:37 05 Jul 08

Hi,Microsoft have sent me an email ,in it is an update agent tool they tell me to save this tool to C:drive I have it on my desk top how do I load it onto the C:drive.
Regards,
Sam Gee

johndrew 12:03 05 Jul 08

Perhaps an indicator of the tool such as the KB reference or what it is for would help.

Tools are often in a self installation package which requires double clicking - have you tried this. If it is already unpacked perhaps if you open it there will be instructions in the Help file. Failing these go to the MS site and input the KB details and there may be additional help there - if there is no link in the e-mail it came with.

Sam Gee 12:15 05 Jul 08

Hi the KB reference is an ongoing problem to download KB 938371 I am told by Msoft to download a tool and save to C:drive after which is a list of suggestions to follow to cure the problem but it comes up that the Tool can not be found.I just want to move it onto the C:drive from the Desk Top then the computer can find it,I hope
Sam Gee

Ditch999 12:43 05 Jul 08

Right click on it in your desktop and select Cut then double click on My Computer, double click on the C: drive, right click and select Paste.

jimv7 12:47 05 Jul 08

Are you sure that the email is from microsoft as they do not normally do this, I would be very suspicious.

Ditch999 12:54 05 Jul 08

Have you read this posting click here ?

Sam Gee 13:19 05 Jul 08

Hi,Yes it is Msoft I have been on to them so long now I am getting invites to the Office Parties At Msoft
The person who has the same problem as me in the previous posts is in the position I was 30 e.mails ago.I am at the end of my tether now,it's just stupid.Up to now I think Vista has been great.
Sam Gee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…