choose the file location it then downloads the whole file
instantly. We are all on a local server running windows
server 2000 and all have the same problem. Also it
doesn't seem to be just a windows 2000 problem as we have
98se machines as well. All computers are up to date with
patches and we run broadband.

moore_mat 11:58 17 Sep 04

Hi tenderometer

How are you connecting to the Windows 2000 server; is it just supplying an internet connection or is it running a Domain/terminal services/something more complicated?

When a file is downloaded from the net; it downloads to the "Temporary internet folder". Then, when it has completed; it then copies the file to the location you chose. However; I'm at a loss as to why it's only asking after it has downloaded!

Anyone else? Or can you provide any more info tenderometer?

tenderometer 14:22 17 Sep 04

The server is being used as a storage for all our drawings which we can each access from 10 computers. So the server both provides internet (broadband) and access to 4 hotswap harddrives that contain data. We have found we cannot download more than a 5 meg file as it just downloads the first 100k. Access is through cat 5 patch cables through a hub and then to the server. We also have a netpilot and firewall. This is a wierd problem as we have asked to IT companys and all they can do is post stuff on websites like this!

tenderometer 14:33 05 Oct 04

please can anyone help? Are two IT companys still haven't found a solution. They first thought it was a winzip problem? weird eh. The problem is it still hangs on "getting file information" when downloading

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…