choose the file location it then downloads the whole file
instantly. We are all on a local server running windows
server 2000 and all have the same problem. Also it
doesn't seem to be just a windows 2000 problem as we have
98se machines as well. All computers are up to date with
patches and we run broadband.

moore_mat 11:58 17 Sep 04

Hi tenderometer

How are you connecting to the Windows 2000 server; is it just supplying an internet connection or is it running a Domain/terminal services/something more complicated?

When a file is downloaded from the net; it downloads to the "Temporary internet folder". Then, when it has completed; it then copies the file to the location you chose. However; I'm at a loss as to why it's only asking after it has downloaded!

Anyone else? Or can you provide any more info tenderometer?

tenderometer 14:22 17 Sep 04

The server is being used as a storage for all our drawings which we can each access from 10 computers. So the server both provides internet (broadband) and access to 4 hotswap harddrives that contain data. We have found we cannot download more than a 5 meg file as it just downloads the first 100k. Access is through cat 5 patch cables through a hub and then to the server. We also have a netpilot and firewall. This is a wierd problem as we have asked to IT companys and all they can do is post stuff on websites like this!

tenderometer 14:33 05 Oct 04

please can anyone help? Are two IT companys still haven't found a solution. They first thought it was a winzip problem? weird eh. The problem is it still hangs on "getting file information" when downloading

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced