Save Picture As... (HTML Page Problem)

Azrael 23:52 13 May 04

The problem seems to occured itself.. nothing major but annoying...

Recently when on a web page, if theres a picture I like and I "Right-Click" > "Save Picture As..."
I'm only given the option of BMP with the file name as untitled....whereas before:
I'm sure I had the orginally picture name as the file name, and at least be able to save the picture by its orginal file type....

An example of which is... I was on a avatar site the other day and saw a cool animated street fighter ryu avatar... I Right-Clicked the went to "Save Picture As..." But i only had the option of BMP and the default file name was untitled.....

Can anyone solve this annoying "little" problem

many thanks if u can

Adam

maz2 23:55 13 May 04

Clean out your temporary internet files, go to tools in internet explorer, internet options, and click delete temp internet files this should solve problem

Salinger 23:59 13 May 04
  woodchip 00:10 14 May 04

It depends who how the web site is created it May be done to stop you doing what you want Like © I was on one yesterday and you could not save the address and paste not select and copy any of the site

Azrael 00:37 14 May 04

Cheers MAzz & Salinger... I knew PC Advisor help room would sort it right away!

All fixed

cheers again bud!

Azrael 19:45 22 Jun 04

Reviving my orginal post... I have now noticed that this problem arrises much more frequently then ever before... What maz2 & Salinger suggested worked... But only for a short while ( a matter of a few days) This may be because I leave my PC connected to the net most of the day to allow my internet connection to be shared (modem is usb powered!!)

Additionally... When I go to:
Tools>Internet Options... Delete Files... explorer crashes and i have to use end task to get rid of it.. I suspect this is why my temp files fill quickly as im only deleting a few before it crashes...

Can anyone guess whats up from this info, if not i can provide more info!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac