Save Outlook Emails

Mr Confused 03:11 06 Mar 05

I am just about to format my hard drive but realise that I have quite a few emails that I would like to save in Outlook. I realise that I can save the emails individually in HTML format, but when I reinstall outlook later, is there anyway I can put these back in to the inbox with the correct dates that they were originally received??

pimpers 07:13 06 Mar 05

Before reformating your hard drive carry out this procedure.
Open up outlook express and click: file/export/messages and then follow the instructions.
If you have a lot of files then you might need to save these on a CD rather than a floppy.

You can also copy your address files across too by following the same procedure but exporting your address book.

Good luck.

Pimpers.

Enoch 09:18 06 Mar 05

I did what BeLa suggested as I was having trouble backing up Microsoft Outlook. After reading the instuctions properly and a little experimenting it was the answer. I was seriously in trouble but the Forum Editor suggested the download and the problems are no more

Enoch 09:18 06 Mar 05

PS: I downloaded it yesterday, today it is perfect

Mr Confused 12:06 06 Mar 05

Thanks Guys for your help!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…