save emails before wiping hard drive?

bludywoman 10:31 22 Jan 06

Does anyone have any idea, that should I need to wipe the entire hard drive and reinstall everything, if I can save some of the information that I have in my emails....would like to keep some of the emails that I ahve saved along with the address book...have so many issues occurring at the moment that am wondering that if I cant sort them, then that might be the only way forward!!

VoG II 10:35 22 Jan 06

You said in your earlier thread click here that you use Wanadoo web mail and not Outlook Express. That means that your e-mails are stored on the Wanadoo server, not your hard drive. I think.

Dizzy Bob 10:37 22 Jan 06

What do you use for your email, Outlook (which is probably the most common) will allow you to export all of your data as a .pst file. This can be burned to cd/dvd or to another machine. This can then be imported back in after you have reinstalled everything.

Open outlook, using that tabs at the top choose 'file', then 'import/export', the import/export wizard will start. Choose 'export to a file', then choose the type as 'personal folder file (pst)', choose the folder to export (choose all personal folders for everything), then just choose the location to save to, or use the default already filled in.

I assume the process is the same for Outlook Express, although i use full Outlook.

Hope this helps.

DB

bludywoman 10:39 22 Jan 06

Hi - Dizzy....no. I use the wanadoo's own email system, because it claimed to have such good anti spy/and all sorts of blocks.....so dont use any outlook....just wanadoo...alison

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac